Salary: ZAR £450 - £500K + Excellent Benefits
Our client is an EMEA leader in decision-making AI products for the Enterprise, with headquarters in London, and offices in Paris, Cape Town. With expertise in both machine intelligence research and practical business deployments, Leveraging its extensive know-how in GPU-accelerated computing, deep learning and reinforcement learning, the company has built products and solutions that tackle the most complex challenges across a range of industries. The firm’s hands-on approach to research, combined with a broad spectrum of clients, ensures an exciting and rewarding environment to work and thrive in.
In the Engineering Team, Research Engineers (REs) focus on understanding business problems, identifying and harnessing the right AI or cognitive computing technologies to solve them, and take part in the commercial deployment of their solution.
REs intervene at every stage of the life of a project. REs provide technical expertise and scope projects during pre-sales, drive research and development for Proof of Concepts (POC), develop Minimum Viable Products (MVPs), and ensure continuous improvement and maintenance for industrialised solutions.
Among the tasks a RE is responsible for, it is important to mention: developing prototype applications, providing software design and programming support, implementing software libraries, supporting the business development, managing projects and project teams.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Engineering. This role may require overseas travel.
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies.
- Collaborate with Research department to facilitate research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities).
- Apply knowledge of relevant research domains along with expert coding skills to develop industrial solutions (POC, MVP, fully deployed solution) and products (platforms and frameworks).
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU).
- Report and present development work clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally (clients, different audiences, etc.), both verbally and in writing.
- Actively collaborate with BD team in the pre-sales activities, including but not limited to presenting the company to new prospective clients, writing decks and proposals, participating in calls and meetings, and representing the company in conferences / events.
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related scientific field.
- Experience in developing and debugging Python. Knowledge of C/C++, GoLang and other languages is a plus.
- Experience using deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow and/or Keras.
- Research and software engineering experience demonstrated via previous work experience, internships, contributions to open source projects, or coding competitions.
- Proficiency with Git workflow, development with best coding practices.
- Experience in deploying software to production using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with storage systems, distributed systems, HPC, compilers, and/or CUDA programming.
- Work permit for South Africa.
- Competitive salary.
- Working in small, diverse teams where you can make an impact.
- Varied challenges across industries.
- Cooperation across European and African offices.
- Annual offsite events.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.