Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£30,000 Per Annum
Registered Veterinary Nurse (Medical Oncology)
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Salary: £30k + Excellent Benefits
Our client is a renowned specialist in oncology and soft tissue, specialising in advanced veterinary care with cutting-edge facilities. They provide comprehensive clinical expertise and compassionate care.
As a Registered Veterinary Nurse, you will work closely with a team of specialists, residents, interns, Senior RVNs, and Veterinary Care Assistants to ensure the utmost level of care. This role focuses on patient care within the medical oncology team. Responsibilities include administering chemotherapy, drug protocols, and client communication.
- Deliver high-quality inpatient care, including emergency and critical care.
- Collaborate with Senior Oncology RVNs to ensure an effective and efficient approach to workload completion.
- Support all clinical staff in providing exceptional patient care.
- Communicate with clients to educate them about their pet's treatment and care.
- Report stock deficiencies to the relevant personnel and any faulty equipment as needed.
- Assist with patient pricing as requested by Senior RVNs or the finance team.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and follow protocols and policies.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, including the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) to maintain patient, staff, and visitor safety.
- Record all incidents and untoward occurrences according to hospital policy.
- Comply with nursing rotas and participate in on-call duties.
- Maintain RCVS registration and follow the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Nurses.
- Actively engage in continuous professional development (CPD).
- Previous experience working as a Registered Veterinary Nurse or in a similar role.
- Accredited Veterinary Nurse qualification with RCVS registration.
- Comprehensive understanding of veterinary nursing and adherence to RCVS VN Code of Conduct.
- Compassionate, determined, and proactive attitude.
- Availability for shift work, including weekends, bank holidays, night duties, and on-call duties on a rotational basis.
- Right to work in the UK.
Good to have:
- Advanced veterinary nurse qualifications/certificate/diploma
- Previous experience in ECC and/or referral setting.
- Familiarity with oncological and soft tissue patients
- 24 days of annual leave
- CPD allowance.
- RCVS subscription coverage
- Pension scheme
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Death in service scheme.
- Free parking
- Healthcare benefits
Apply now to be part of a dedicated team committed to delivering the best animal care.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.