£40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Quarry Manager (experienced) – Buxton, Derbyshire
Salary: £40,000- £50,000 + Company Car + benefits
Our client is a global leader in lime, dolime and minerals. they are present in over 20 countries with more than 100 facilities around the globe. Lime has been produced at their UK hard rock quarry for generations, with product purity being the reason for its longstanding success.
They are currently looking for a Quarry Manager to join their management team based at Buxton, Derbyshire.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for all quarrying and associated activities. With a strong focus on health and safety, you will lead and develop the quarry team and ensure raw materials are produced to meet the quality and quantity demands of the internal lime processing plant and aggregate customers.
- Leadership of all personnel working in the quarry, with safety as the key priority.
- Motivation, development and training of quarry personnel and partners to meet competency requirements.
- Ensure activities are carried out in compliance with all relevant HSE legislation, in particular the Quarries Regulations 1999.
- Ensure operations are carried out in accordance with all planning consents and conditions.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders & Mining Team.
- Main point of contact for effective liaison with the Planning Authority.
- Leading the quarry development plan to ensure the quarry operates to the short, medium and long-term mine plan.
- Liaison with the maintenance team to ensure plant availability and reliability.
- Develop and monitor relevant KPIs.
- Ensure controllable expenses are kept within budget. Make recommendations to save costs.
- Variety of administration duties including keeping the Quarries’ Health and Safety Document up to date.
- Participation in the management team duty manager rota.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of working in a quarry as a section 8.1.c or 8.1.d as evident by an up-to-date CPD record.
- Experience of drilling and blasting operations, working in a hard rock quarry.
- Good geotechnical knowledge and experience of developing the mine plan.
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures.
- Experience of supervisory/management/leadership of personnel.
- Effective budgeting and cost control.
- Ability to build successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Skills / Knowledge (preferred)
- Mining Engineering degree, Geology degree or Quarry Management Qualification
- Completed or working towards, an NVQ Level 4 / QCF Level 5 in Health, Safety and Environmental Management in Extractives or equivalent.
- Registered and maintaining IQ (Institute of Quarrying or other professional body) CPD NEBOSH or IOSH certification.
- Shot firing qualification Explosive supervisor
- Geotechnical knowledge
- Mine Planning software e.g. Surpac, AutoCad
- Salary between £40-50k + Company Car + Benefits
- Bonus scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Access to company health care schemes.
- Training and development opportunities.
If you are a suitably experienced Quarry Manager and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.