Quality Inspector -Shildon
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Our client is a precision engineering and fabrication family-run company with over 45 years. As they have a loyal, highly skilled, and dedicated workforce who are committed to CPD ensuring customer deadlines and quality requirements are continuously achieved with all sectors of machining, fabrication and engineering experience. They are based in Shildon, England.
Our client requires a Quality Inspector who has extensive experience and understanding of how to inspect CNC machined parts and fabrications. You must have experience of programming and operating a CMM. Ideally you should have a background in a subcontract CNC machining environment. This role may suit a candidate that has previously worked as QA Engineer, or QA/QC Inspector preferably in a subcontract CNC machining environment.
- First off inspection on all machined parts. Inform the machine operator of accuracy f machined detail, noting any improvements required. If the machined item is incorrect notify both the machine operator and the Shift Manager immediately.
- QA Engineer will endeavour to facilitate and promote maximum up time on machinery by ensuring all first off inspection is completed in a timely manner.
- Patrol and in-process inspection on all parts.
- Final inspection of all goods prior to delivery, completion of relevant paperwork and processing within Progress MRP system.
- Inspection of materials at goods inwards as required, completion of relevant paperwork and processing within Progress MRP system.
- Pre-machining inspection of castings/materials as required
- Complete customer inspection reports, comply to reject procedures etc and ensure that all requirements are followed to fulfil the customer’s requirements.
- Raising and closing out NCR’s as required.
- Ensure delivery times are achieved by working in close co-operation with production, production support and transport departments at all times.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- CMM – calibrate CMM and probe. Be able to modify existing programs and write new programs with and without geometric tolerancing and scanning.
- CAT 1000 programming and modelling.
- Ensure all equipment is fit for use, calibrated and all records updated as required.
- Complete monthly stock check on all equipment, reporting any stock shortages and damage to equipment.
- Ensure all documents comply with the QA manual requirements. That all procedures are followed and completed in order to maintain ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Ensure the inspection area, facilities and equipment are maintained in a clean, productive and safe manner.
- Experience of QA/QC Inspection techniques using CMM, Faro Arm, use of manual inspection such as gauges and micrometers.
- Ability to calibrate, program and operate CMM
- Mechanical Engineering degree (or an engineering related degree) or QA Technician Apprenticeship
- Desirable qualified internal ISO QA Auditor
- Strong understanding of how to inspect machined parts and fabrications as well as engineering and technical information
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Clear communicator, good negotiator and problem solver
Hours of Work:
- Average 38 hours per week – 21 day – 11.5 hour shift cycle – 3 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 6 off, 3 days and 1 off.
The candidates will need to confirm their identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as their nationality, immigration status and right to work in the UK.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.