£28,000 Per Annum
Quality Assurance Assistant – Cambridgeshire
Salary: up to £28K + Benefits
Our client is a UK’s leading co-manufacturer and co-packer with over 25 years’ experience, our innovative and highly trained team strive to provide a bespoke, cost-effective and quality-driven service. We pride ourselves on exceeding all of our customer’s expectations.
The key objectives of this role are:
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of the customer focussed quality system.
- To assure the requested quality level by applying the quality system.
- Control on the status of bulk, packing materials and finished products
- To participate in the set-up of new projects.
- To maintain quality standards throughout the production process
- To release bulk and finished product to customer requirements.
- To improve the system and/or facilitate others with that process
- To maintain specific supporting functions to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- To monitor production processes on a random basis for legal food safety and specification compliance.
- To ensure that production staff are briefed with the quality requirements of new and existing projects on start up
- Check/calibrate the scales and other equipment used on the production lines daily.
- Monitor hygiene in production, ensuring swabbing is carried out prior to the line running, download records on PC, ensure cleaning records completed.
- To check chemical residue after CIPs and record it.
- To promote good practices with regard to hygiene and food safety.
- GMP Auditing
- QA, Line Leader and Engineer training in aspects of HACCP, food safety and GMP
- Ensure environmental monitoring schedule met for factory and personnel
- Ensure internal calibration schedule met
- Auditing of paperwork and PC based records for production, quality, balances, temperature checks, CoA/CoC’s
- Carry out Intake/Despatch checks as per customer requirements, send customer and micro samples as required.
- To ensure packaging waste reports are completed
- Control retained samples and records and ensure timely disposal of retained samples
- Investigate and close out internal non-conformances in a timely manner
- Ensure glass audits and traceability audits performed to schedule
- Carry out SPI pest checks and report results to Assistant Quality Manager weekly.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge of quality department/function
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Physically fit to be able to carry out all the duties required for the role.
- Be able to deal with different team members with a positive attitude.
- Be able to work in the Night Shifts
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.