£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Purchasing Manager (Steel) - Derby
Salary: £35k - £40k
Our Client is an established steel construction specialist. The company has grown to become a recognised name within the steel industry.
Overall responsibility and accountability for determining how much and what type of materials and products to hold where in the supply chain which includes: managing inventory control, warehouse, distribution and replenishment plans.
• Overall responsibility for all purchasing activities across the business.
• Create and implement best practice processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
• Review opportunities to improve operational and financial performance and to ensure minimal operational disruption and maximum customer satisfaction
• Scheduling of sequent of works for FDB, PCD and XDM
• Review of machine efficiencies
• Manage goods in, stock control and 'bought out' steel items
• Monitor the agreed KPIs of each team member and the overall department
• To secure capacity and Sub-contract out agreed projects within budget, programme and to required specification.
• Management of Purchase Order, fabrication packages, revisions, progression and to ensure QA KPI's are achieved, logged and include MPI and paint DFT checks in accordance with NSSS.
• Delivery Schedules for hauliers/coaters
• Rate negotiating and raising Purchase Orders
• Scheduled QA Audits of Galvanisers and coaters.
• Update and issue production tracker for daily morning production meetings
• Ensure that plans, schedules and performance metrics (KPIs) are available and regularly report progress to others.
• Joint team responsibility to maintain steel inventory through StruMIS.
• To perform any other duties as required by the business.
Essential Skills - Requirements:
• Experience in negotiating within the steel and construction industry
• Commercially and financially astute
• Results orientated with the ability to plan and prioritise multiple projects of self and others and to deliver against objectives and deadlines
• Expert knowledge of technical regulations and legislation related to field
• Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
• Knowledge of raw materials, distribution of goods and manufacturing processes
• A team player, showing a collaborative approach working with others.
• High standard of presentation skills and coaching/mentoring skills.
• Demonstrable problem - Solving capabilities.
• High Health and Safety standards and compliance.
• Excellent Organisational and Planning Skills.
• Knowledge of the StruMIS system.
• Self-motivated, flexible and works well under pressure
• Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
• Experience within the structural steel industry.
• Knowledge of Union Square may be advantageous
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.