£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Location: Chinnor, Oxfordshire/Marlow (OX39 )
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
Our client has established itself as one of the leading estate agencies in the counties of Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, they offer a stimulating working environment with continual support and career development opportunities. Joining a diverse and ever-expanding company, you will have every chance to shine, if you are ready to welcome a challenge.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
As Property Manager your role will be to focus on the day-to-day running of the lettings department and ensure all Landlords and Tenants get first class customer care.
- Producing reports for Directors as and when required
- Answering phones and emails from Landlords, Vendors and Applicants. Dealing with enquiries and carry out viewings.
- Giving feedback to landlords in a timely manner
- Registering new applicants on acquaint
- Arranging EPC’s and Floorplans
- Follow procedures for setting up new tenants on Acquaint
- Carry out Referencing, saving reports onto Acquaint and keeping both landlords and tenants up to date with progress reports
- Collecting necessary ID from Landlords and Tenants before moving in
- Ensuring they have signed terms and conditions in the file and copied onto Acquaint for each new property.
- Producing Tenancy Agreements and ensuring they are signed by all parties before tenants move into the property
- Setting up hard files in office with Front Sheet and Communications Sheet etc
- Arranging Inventory Check Ins and Check Outs. Liaising with all parties to ensure these operations run smoothly.
- Welcoming new tenants into properties and ensuring they are happy with their new home. Liaising with Landlords if there are any problems that need addressing immediately
- Checking they have a full list of Gas & EICR Certificates for each property. Ensure these are renewed before they expire. Keep landlords informed of when they are due before they instruct a contractor to do this.
- Carrying out property inspections on a regular basis in accordance with company rules and send reports to landlords and tenants plus keep records on Acquaint
- Maintenance - keep accurate records in Acquaint with maintenance issues, liaising with tenants, landlords and contractors to get required work booked in and completed
- Renewals - contacting tenants before contracts are due for renewal, drawing up renewal contracts and chasing unsigned contracts
- Managing deposits into and out of the Deposit Protection Service. Keeping adequate records. Liaising with Landlords and Tenants at the end of the tenancy to ensure smooth returns of deposits.
- Handling any disputes between Landlord and Tenant in a sympathetic but orderly way. Offer guidance to all parties to avoid the necessity to go into dispute with DPS.
- Compiling evidence when necessary to resolve any disputes for the DPS
- Assisting with Invoicing as and when required and liaising with book-keeper to ensure records are kept on Acquaint.
- Entering invoices onto Acquaint and making payments to contractors and suppliers
- Checking rental account payments in and out and chasing unpaid rents
- Assisting the book-keeper in reconciling all bank accounts for Lettings
- Carry out general office duties to maximise departmental efficiency, including obtaining office supplies
- Maintain an updated knowledge of changes in relevant legislation
- To assist in business development including canvassing for new instructions and database marketing
- Be available for Staff Meetings and Training as required
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance at all times
- Other duties as required by the department
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- At least 2 years Property Manager experience.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivation and a positive attitude.
- Highly organised and energetic.
- Focused and supportive to other team members.
- Customer service orientated
- Hard working, Punctual and Reliable
- Be IT literate with the ability to use Word and Excel.
- Mon to Friday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.