£27,000 to £29,000 Per Annum
Project Engineer - Milton Keynes
Helping their clients tackle complex challenges in the built environment by combining innovative thinking, collaborative problem solving and a passion for expanding the boundaries of the possible.
• Building Performance: Renowned for their expertise in engineering modelling and analysis. They offer a range of services to help create buildings that are more efficient sustainable, comfortable to inhabit and resilient to natural disasters.
• Climate Engineering: They help ensure projects fit their climatic context.They identify factors that can be leveraged or moderated to make the built environment safe, hospitable, and sustainable.
• Environmental Engineering: Their experts provide the highly specialized support you need to assess impact, meet, and exceed regulatory requirements, strengthen stewardship, and fulfil the expectations of all stakeholders around environmental responsibility.
- Modelling and reporting on the internal building physics and fluid flow within tall buildings, as well as assisting senior staff with development tasks.
- Planning and coordinating all technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Solving challenging fluid flow design problems in consultation with engineering, architectural and industrial clients.
- Conducting fluid flow modelling, data collection, analysis, post-processing, interpretation, and documentation of engineering results.
- Consulting with and answering technical questions from engineers and architects.
- Writing technical project reports that present the methodology, results, and recommendations.
- Providing advice on technical problems and following the appropriate QA/QC procedures.
- Working under the general supervision of senior staff with considerable latitude for the exercise of independent judgement.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Experience: 1 - 2 yrs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Aerospace Engineering, Maths or Architecture a related technical discipline.
- A strong understanding of the fundamental physics of fluid flow, heat, and mass.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent problem-solving methods/capabilities, exceptional coordination, and consultation skills.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment to provide practical solutions with minimal supervision, while multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
- Advanced writing skills including experience preparing consultative reports.
- Experience creating simplified models to simulate complex systems.
- Experience interpreting and working with architectural, structural, or mechanical drawings.
- Strong people and team skills as well as highly motivated. Can work remotely with clients and internal teams across multiple time zones.
Candidates required with the following experiences:
- Knowledge of curtain wall, fenestration, or HVAC systems in residential or commercial applications.
- A knowledge of HVAC systems and ASHRAE standards.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- Programming/scripting experience (Python, C#, VBA, C++).
- Experience using CAD software packages.
- Experience with building simulation software (CONTAM, IES, Energy Plus).
- Experience working within open-source operating systems (Linux).
- Professional work experience.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003