Project Architect - Stockport, Greater Manchester
Our client an award winning and long-standing Architect Practice situated in Greater Manchester specialising in the design and delivery of education, residential and commercial projects nationally is looking for an exceptional Project Architect to join the friendly team.
You will have bags of enthusiasm and be self-motivated. You will have a strong eye for design which can be applied across various sectors from mixed used commercial developments to large one off dwellings.
- Experience of having a lead architect role, organising and managing projects through all the RIBA stages in education, residential or mixed-use projects.
- Prepare initial concept designs, feasibility drawings and 3D models.
- Produce presentation and planning submission drawings. Liaise with planning officers and statutory consultees as required and monitor the application through to a determination.
- Close attention to detail and strong technical ability
- Preparation of tender documentation including NBS specifications
- Working experience of both refurbishment and new builds; Design & Build and Traditional projects.
- The ability to meet deadlines with an efficient work rate and good time management skills.
- Attend meetings with the client (and other consultants) at an early stage to agree the project brief
- Good working knowledge of the education sector (Priority School design process and DfE Output Specification) and/or Public & Private Residential Design Guides would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills are key, with the ability to work in a team
- Excellent written and spoken English
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Applicants should be registered with the Architect’s Registration Board, or hold an equivalent international professional qualification.
- Post qualification in Architecture: 4 years UK Based
- Fluency in Revit (BIM L2 beneficial) and experience using this software on live projects.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.