Production Support Engineer / Production Programmer -Shildon
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Our client is a precision engineering and fabrication family-run company with over 45 years. As they have a loyal, highly skilled, and dedicated workforce who are committed to CPD ensuring customer deadlines and quality requirements are continuously achieved with all sectors of machining, fabrication and engineering experience. They are based in Shildon, England.
Our client requires a Production Support Engineer who has extensive experience and understanding of off-line programming of CNC mills and lathes and compiling job packages and documentation for manufacturing components. You must have experience of programming in Alphacam, using Autocad and be familiar with MRP systems. This role may suit a candidate that has previously worked as Production Engineer, or off-line programmer preferably in a subcontract CNC machining environment.
- Liaise with Estimating to determine the safest and most cost effective method of manufacture of components.
- Compile Bills of Materials
- Produce all job documentation including program, set up sheet, detailing work holding equipment, tooling and inspection equipment lists, handling requirements and all H & S requirements relevant to the job.
- Design of fixtures and work holding equipment
- Assess part lifting requirements and selecting/writing appropriate lifting methods.
- Production of drawings as required
- Liaise with QA and customers as and when required, resolving any technical queries or NCR’s
- Liaise with planning ensuring all updates and changes to job packages including routings are notified as soon as possible.
- Assist with the thorough closing off of all completed works orders, ensuring a more proactive approach is adopted to optimising repeat jobs
- Completion of time studies as requested.
- Assist machine operators in a trouble shooting role to resolve any program or machining issues.
- Compliance to all Health & Safety and QA procedures at all times.
- Any other duties are instructed
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Experience of production engineering and off line programming for CNC 5,4 and 3 axis mills and lathes in a subcontract engineering environment.
- Ability to program, using Alphamcam, and produce job packages for a wide range of steel and metal components working to very close tolerances.
- Mechanical Engineering degree (or an engineering related degree) or Technician or Craft Apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3)
- Strong understanding of how to manufacture machined parts and fabrications as well as understanding and interpreting engineering and technical information.
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Clear communicator, good negotiator and problem solver
- Confident IT skills
Hours of Work:
- Average 38 hours per week – 21 day – 11.5 hour shift cycle – 3 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 6 off, 3 days and 1 off.
The candidates will need to confirm their identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as their nationality, immigration status and right to work in the UK.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.