Marketing & PR
£35,000 Per Annum
Product Marketing Manager
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will act as the ‘champion’ for two product ranges. You will be trained and supported to become the expert; you will analyse the competition and market trends, develop sales, support distributors & customers pre and post-sale, recommend product enhancements or improvements, identify market opportunities, and increase revenue.
- Developing and maintaining profitable sales to ensure the company exploit the sales potential.
- Supporting UK and International teams with sales, marketing and commercial requests.
- Demonstrating equipment on customer sites, exhibitions or online alongside a Technical Sales specialist
- Act as the main point of contact internally.
- Maintaining commercial and competitor awareness relevant to your product ranges.
- Identify new channels to market
- Work with Marketing to develop the marketing content & activity for the ranges including: Leaflets, instructions, website, e-shots, online and paper advertising, promotional materials, exhibitions, seminars, nurture campaigns, social media, videos, webinars, case studies, infographics, blogs, articles, how-to guides, white papers.
- Draw on your experience to ensure messages are on-point, relevant and appeal to the audience
- Feedback relevant ideas for product development to in-house R&D and suppliers.
- Meet any reporting requests and ensure all field-based targets and commitments are met: including Exhibitions and seminars
- Product demonstrations
- Product trials
- Provide input into pricing strategy
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Experience of BSc (or higher) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Technical and commercial knowledge of the market for products in process and organic chemistry.
- Knowledge of the chemistry marketplace, including academic, pharmaceutical, CRO, CDMO, biotech, agrochemical, government, medical research institutes, fine chemical and chemical accounts
- Previous experience of selling, supporting or using similar synthesis products.
- Full UK driving license
- Dynamic, self-motivated, well organised professional with an eye for detail.
- Able to work as a team player as well as take control and make decisions when necessary.
- Flexible individual with a desire to get ‘stuck in’ at all levels is an absolute must.
- Having the stature and confidence to deal with senior managers.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.