£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
Fast-growing & innovative Pet supplies business
My client are a fast-growing pet business on a mission to make owning a pet more sustainable. They have been innovating away from a world dominated by cheap plastic toys and accessories trying to make products that do as little damage to the environment as possible. They create products that look great, are truly functional, durable, loved by pets, and are made with the environment in mind. They have gone from strength to strength and are currently stocked in over 43 markets worldwide, with products sold in retailers such as Waitrose, Ocado & Pets at Home, as well as independents across the UK and distributors worldwide
My Client is looking for a brilliant all-round product designer, who will be responsible for the design and delivery of all new products plus the development updating of existing ranges.
The right candidate will be creative and confident whilst working within a fast-paced environment and be reactive with their workload as the needs of the business changes. They will have a strong eye for detail and desire to innovate which will allow the company to push design boundaries and challenge the norm. A must have is the ability to explore a range of materials and methods through the sourcing partners in order to produce first class pet products whilst limiting environmental impact.
Daily responsibilities will include designing completely new products as required for the brand and partner organisations.
• Develop new product in an efficient way and take responsibility from sketch and mood to delivered product and packaging.
• Integrate your work with the wider team and their requirements from a logistical and planning perspective.
• Understand the brand tone of voice and style guide, applying it to all products.
• Work with the existing design team, design agency and sourcing partners to get the best from each on the creative side.
• Get involved with the wider marketing of product as it ties-in to how product is displayed in stores and at trade shows.
• Use strong design principles, eye for detail and ability to combine commerciality and creativity in all the work produced
• Independently manage multiple briefs and communicate progress accurately to wider team
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design concepts, brief fulfilment and taste level.
• Ability to combine creativity and commerciality to create products that become best sellers.
• Confidence in design software and the ability to sketch and visualise ideas and briefs
• A strong understanding of (needed), experience in (desired) 3D CAD design and how it is used in mould creation
• Experience and high confidence in liaising with factories and suppliers.
• Keen interest in the environment and how products can be designed more sustainably.
• A strong eye for packaging and the general look feel and practicality of product.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills managing up and down.
• Abundance of new ideas, to push design boundaries.
• Interest and experience with dogs and how we might serve them better as a business.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.