£22,000 to £25,000 Per Annum
Probate Paralegal / Case Manager
Worksop, Chesterfield, Sheffield, Retford and Mansfield - Flexible Remote
Salary: £22 - £25k depending on experience - Plus a Generous Benefits Package
Full Time - Permanent
Our client provides essential support services, software and data that enable professional financial advisers, financial intermediaries and product providers to deliver better outcomes for their customers. Formed in the early 2000’s they are the UK's largest provider of outsourced regulatory and business support to financial advisers.
They are looking for an experienced Probate Paralegal to join their team in Worksop on a permanent basis.
This role will see you completing estate administrations following the legal requirements of the Administration of Estates Act and the Trustees Act. This includes full administration of taxable and non-taxable estates, setting up trusts and deeds of variation.
• Communicating and maintaining a relationship with clients and associates via letter, email, and telephone
• Collecting relevant financial information in order for their solicitor to submit the probate application
• Liaising with solicitors in relation to the probate application and HM Revenue & Customs queries on taxable estates
• Handling collection or transfer of assets to the beneficiaries
• Handling the transfer or sale of the deceased property, to include liaise with estate agents, solicitors and Executors
• Completing and submitting relevant income tax returns
• Reconciling Executor accounts
• Drafting and completing estate accounts, reconciled to the Executor account
• Obtaining Executor approval of estate accounts
• Making adequate searches in order to settle the estate upon completion of the administration
Experience and qualifications:
• Previous experience in the administration of estates both taxable and non-taxable, simple and trust based
• An understanding of the administration of trust-based Wills including nil rate band trusts and interest in possession trusts, and to also understand the tax consequences of these trusts
• Experience in managing a full case load of files
• Previous experience in drafting Wills and Trusts
• Experience communicating with clients and third parties
Nice to haves
• STEP or CILEX qualified or working towards the qualification
In return, our client can offer a salary of £22 -25k (depending on skills and experience) plus an excellent benefits package, together with a great opportunity to join a leading organisation.
Please apply with your CV.
Candidates must already have full rights to work in the UK. VISA sponsorship is not available.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Key Words: Probate Paralegal, Probate Case Manager, Paralegal, Legal Secretary, STEP, CILEX, Probate, Estates, Taxation, Law, Trusts, Wills, Solicitor,