£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Principal Structural Engineer - Leamington Spa
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Our client are consulting engineers, they are a private limited company with over 40 years’ experience, where all the directors are practising engineers. They operate from 6 offices strategically placed around the country, which enables them to provide local staff regardless of project location. Their multidisciplinary approach allows the right skillset coupled with appropriate experience, to efficiently service their client’s needs.
We are looking for a principal structural engineer to assist associates to plan, organise and manage all aspects of Structural engineering projects within agreed resource, budgetary and time constraints. This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Preparation and checking of structural engineering designs and drawings, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Represent the company at meetings and in writing when required and attend site to undertake surveys and inspections.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
- Brief and supervise Engineers.
- Brief and supervise Technicians on the production of drawings.
- Preparation of structural reports on buildings and other structures.
- Work alongside the Associate, resource planning, invoicing, fee proposals and maintaining a high-quality product within the department.
- Liaise and communicate with other disciplines within the business and be involved in the project management of multi-discipline projects.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to design structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Clear understanding of both UK Building Regulations and Eurocodes.
- Conversant with NHBC Standards preferred but not essential.
- Conversant with Network Rail Company Standards and Railway Group Standards preferred but not essential.
- A proven track record in the inspection of analysis and reporting on structural defects and/or remedial works.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English Language both written and verbal, particularly with regard to the production of concise accurate and technically correct reports.
- Familiarity with proprietary design software such as Tekla Structural Designer, S-Frame, TEDDS, SCIA and CADS.
- Be a Chartered Engineer or Near Chartered Engineer and be a Member of either Institution of Structural Engineers or Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in structural engineering consultancy based in the UK and working to both Eurocode and UK Standards.
- Knowledge of the site investigation process.
- Use of Microsoft Office and other administration software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own projects and resources within agreed time scales.
- Ability to manage the workload of engineers and technicians.
- Act professionally
- Applicants must hold a full driving licence.
Training, Career Progression & Benefits
- You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy.
- Full Benefits package includes life Insurance, pension, private medical, health cash plan, employee assistance programme, staff discounts
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003