£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Principal Geotechnical Consultant – Aylesbury
Salary: £50k - £60k
My client is an established geo-environmental consultancy practice and they believe they can do pretty much anything to do with the ground, including:
- Carrying out land surveys or underground utility surveys.
- Supplying drill rigs for constructing boreholes and water wells.
- Checking customer sites for buried obstructions and for unexploded ordnance.
- Installing ‘green’ technology such as ground source heat pumps or thermal stores.
- Assessing the ground from an environmental or a geotechnical viewpoint, or both.
- Carrying out your due diligence if their customers are buying a property portfolio.
- Assessing sites for temporary foundations, e.g. for a crane, or they can design permanent foundations, from simple footings to complex piled solutions.
- Analysing soil and water samples and they can classify waste.
- Carrying out complex, three dimensional modelling of contaminant movements through the ground to see if their customers site poses a risk to its neighbours.
- Cleaning up contaminated land using a wide range of technologies, some unique to them.
- And if all else fails and their customers find themselves in court, they can provide them with an expert witness to advise on any and all of the above.
My client is seeking a Chartered Engineer with a strong background in geotechnical engineering to join their team.
We anticipate that, once established, the successful candidate will be invited to join the senior management team and offered equity.
- Your role will be to take the technical lead for all our geotechnical work, developing and expanding the range of services that my client is currently able to offer.
- Your role will be critical to the continuing growth of our company and you will be afforded the opportunity to develop and progress.
- Their clients include property developers, supermarkets, oil companies and airport operators. You will help deliver all phases of projects from feasibility studies through to detailed design.
- You will have technical expertise and experience relevant to geotechnical investigations, design and specification of earth retaining structures, slope stabilisation/revetments and piled structures (both steel and concrete).
- You will be able to work independently whilst have the ability to mentor juniors and develop our technical capability.
- Whilst delivering technical engineering services, you will need to be capable of liaising with clients, project managing and ideally be interested in helping to develop the business.
- The diversity and range of their projects require a flexible and adaptable character, for this you will be rewarded with challenging and interesting project experience.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Required attributes:
- High quality Masters degree in Civil Engineering, Soil Mechanics or a related subject.
- Chartered with a relevant accredited institution.
- Detailed technical experience in the design of retaining walls, slope stability, piling or similar.
- Lateral thinker with a strong desire to innovate.
- Well organised with the ability to multitask.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience in relevant geotechnical software.
- Highly motivated.
- Good communication skills
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.