Principal Civil Engineer
Our client are consulting engineers, they are a private limited company with over 40 years' experience, where all the directors are practising engineers. They operate from 6 offices strategically placed around the country, which enables them to provide local staff regardless of project location. Their multidisciplinary approach allows the right skillset coupled with appropriate experience, to efficiently service their client's needs.
This role is within a dynamic and skilled civils team to support and grow an established business unit, working directly with the local Associate and Office Head. The role involves leading and managing the Civil Engineering aspects of Appraisal, Planning and Detail Design of projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments. This is a career position in a company committed to staff development. Progression to Associate is assured for the right candidate.
• Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
• Flood risk assessments
• Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
• Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles,
• Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
• Represent the company at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
• Manage the team and control the programmed performance of projects.
• Support the training and professional development of team members.
• Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
• Support business development by delivering an exceptional service to clients, building relationships and supporting the local Director in bringing in new work.
Essential Skills - Requirements:
• Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice.
• Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
• Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES
• Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
• Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
• Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
• Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
• Strong communication skills with clients and team members.
• Good strategic planning and management skills.
• Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed timescales
• Relevant experience and qualifications or equivalent in civil engineering consultancy working to UK standards
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.