Education & Training
Room Leader (Pre-school) - Catford (London) SE6
Salary: Negotiable Depending On Experience
Hours: 40 hours shift work per week
Our established client nursery are looking for an experienced and qualified Pre-school Room leader who is passionate about children’s learning and development to join their team.
To support the Deputy Manager in the overall management of child care provision.
To work as a Room leader and Key-person and as part of the Nursery staff team under the direction of the Manager to provide safe, stimulating and varied programmes of play and high quality education and care for babies.
To build and maintain a strong and professional partnership with parents in an inclusive environment that promotes the physical, mental, emotional health and well-being of the children to enable every child to develop to their full potential.
- To support and guide staff in relation to the Early Years foundation stage.
- To support and guide staff in creating and maintaining a stimulating, challenging and child-centred environment to meet the needs of individual children.
- To provide a high standard of observations, record-keeping and understanding of your key children’s development and learning journeys (and non-key children, particularly when their Key Person is not present).
- To fully engage with and support good team working
- To liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members and form professional parent partnerships, sharing their children’s developmental and learning journey.
- To plan appropriate play and learning experiences based on the children’s interests and needs and identify any concerns in relation to the child’s development and well-being, offering early intervention, support and outside professional help if needed.
- To regularly assess and record children’s individual needs and developmental progress.
- To maintain open lines of communication within the Staff team.
- To participate in staff meetings, relating to curriculum planning and development, and the development of children.
- To attend out of working hours activities where necessary, e.g. training, staff meetings, parents evening, events etc.
- To act as Key-person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- To listen to, encourage, enable, stimulate and ensure the safeguarding of the children.
- To ensure high standards of care at the nursery.
- Ensure records of children are up to date.
- Maintain all records as required by Regulatory bodies.
- Team Worker
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to help plan and implement the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Able to meet children’s individual needs
- Able to write clear records/reports
- A strong ability to observe, comment and write clearly in order to contribute to children’s files
- A Good customer service and partnership skills to develop and maintain relationships with
- colleagues and parents
- A strong ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and children and parents
- Good communication skills with children, colleagues, with parents and external agencies
- Enthusiasm for the role
- Friendly, Flexible Approach
- Personal Development
- Willing to undertake work outside of normal hours
- Level 3 or above Childcare qualification
- Desirably First Aid Certificate (Paediatric)
- Previous experience of working with children
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and cultural diversity.
- Experience of working with children
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.