£40,000 Per Annum
Our client is an established multi-disciplinary design practice of some 30 years encompassing architecture, landscape architecture, town planning and sustainability from offices in Brixton, London and Yeovil, Somerset.
Working across a broad range of development sectors, our client offers a comprehensive and collaborative design service to help deliver client’s needs from concept to construction.
Due to ongoing growth and ambition our client requires a Planning Consultant to join the busy town planning team in its London office to assist both day-to-day planning issues arising from architectural projects and to build a town planning client base and business.
- The preparation of a varied range of planning applications including outline, full and reserved matters applications, prior notifications, certificate of lawful use and discharge of planning conditions, including writing supporting documents such as planning statements and statements of community involvement etc.
- Project management of planning applications, including liaison with all members of the consultant team, local planning authority, third parties and other stakeholders in the planning process.
- Attending and speaking at public meetings on behalf of the client, such as parish council meetings, local authority committee meetings and public consultation events often held outside of normal working hours
- Attending site visits/meetings to undertake assessments on development opportunities and the preparation of feasibility reports or written advice.
- To seek independent planning instruction and form and nurture client base
- Preparation of fee proposals and to attend and assist architects with tender/bid applications and meetings
- Preparation and submission of planning appeals via written representations, informal hearing or public inquiry, including writing appeal statements and attending hearings and inquiries as expert witness.
- Researching all aspects of planning policy and law as required.
- Submission of representations to local planning authorities in relation to emerging planning policy documents.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A degree in town planning with eligibility for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- At least two years post qualification experience either in the private sector or local government preferably within development – management.
- A valid UK driving licence.
- A successful track record in the preparation or consideration of planning applications.
- A competent understanding of planning law, practice and policy and its application within the planning system.
- A sound knowledge of the processes and protocols of local planning authorities and planning inspectorate.
- The ability to work as part of a team and also to show initiative for lone working when required.
- An on-going record of Continuing Professional Development with the intention of working towards Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- IT competency.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.