IT & Internet
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
PHP Laravel Developer - Hertford (Remote Working)
Salary: £35k - £45k
Part or Fully Remote Working Options
Our client is a leading company servicing the UK agency who build websites. The company has invented a unique platform called Platform that makes it easier for digital agencies to manage their hosting. The Platform takes existing hosting technologies and makes them easier to use like the iPhone.The company have been helping clients build and host their WordPress websites and have a wealth of experience to call upon to ensure their clients have the best service as a reliable hosting partner in today’s market. Being digital agency hosting specialists, they have seen the requirements of clients change dramatically over time and that is where the business really excels. Not only does their app allow the users to manage the servers on a single dashboard, whitelist IP addresses in a single click and enable a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate in one-click but 85% of sites run faster on their app.
Our client's platform is built using PHP/Laravel using the AGILE development approach with either weekly or fortnightly updates based on user feedback and internal innovations to continue to make it easier for the clients to do business.
- Our client is seeking another PHP developer to join their team to further accelerate and bring new ideas to the development of their Platform.
- You will be working within a team of 3 other developers reporting directly to the Head of Development based entirely on this project.
- There would be no client involvement although they would expect you to have a strong influence on features and future development.
- To improve productivity the company has recently renovated their offices to include breakout space including pool table, dart board, quiet space, table tennis and spacious kitchen.
- Supporting their mission to make web hosting simple and fast for their agency clients, they created their own hosting app, which they believe stands alone as the only web management platform with the agency in mind.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years of PHP experience
- Laravel Experience
- Strong understanding of object oriented architecture and design patterns
- Understanding of Git
- Manual and Automated Testing
- Other skills that would be beneficial:
- CMS Experience (WordPress, Magento, Drupal, etc)
- Understanding of Linux Operating systems
- Understanding of control panels such as Plesk and cPanel.
- Go (Golang)
- Linux/System/Network Administration
- Web Hosting Experience or agency environment
- Part or Fully Remote Working Options
- 23 Paid Holidays each year
- Private Health Care and Company Pension Scheme
- Frequent team events
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Modern, light and air-conditioned offices
- Based in the county town
- Free Coca Cola/Coffee Machine/Teas
- Friday Afternoon Beers
- Monthly Team Lunches
- Quarterly offsite team builds
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.