Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£36,070 to £42,712 Per Annum
Palliative Care Nurse Team Leader - Band 6
Salary: £36,070 - £42,712 Per annum dependent on experience and skills
Full-time position, Permanent
Full Time - 37.5 week - to include evening, nights and weekend shifts
Our client is a Children’s Hospice and provides support for babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in North and Central London and Hertsmere. Our client’s mission is to provide care and support for children and young people from birth who have a life-limiting or life-threatening condition. Our client works with children with a range of conditions who often have very complex needs. Our clients aim to help the children, their siblings and parents make the most of the time they have together - and continue to support families after bereavement.
This is an exciting opportunity for an established Nurse Team Leader who is looking for a new challenge at an exciting time within the charity. Our client is seeking a senior Band 6 Nurse to support the line management of Nurses, Specialist Carers and students and service development, while providing clinical and holistic care and support. The recruited candidate will play a key part in helping seriously unwell children and their families in North and Central London. The role will include the management of care planning, symptom control and end-of-life care.
The role responsibilities of this position are:
• Supporting the care team with their education, development and IPC
• Ensuring holistic care is family-centered, needs-led, evidence-based and meets all statutory requirements.
• Applying competent clinical decision making and practice
• Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care plans to meet the children’s needs
• Undertaking end-of-life care and provide symptom management including assessment and planning
• Delivering post-death care
• Contributing to the caseload management including managing referrals, ongoing and annual assessment, care delivery and transition
• Responsibility for delivering safe and appropriate care
• Undertaking day to day management, supervision and appraisal of staff
• Ensuring all risks associated with care delivery are managed effectively with incidents or concerns being reported / followed up in line with our policy
• Undertake appraisals of Band 5 Nurses and Specialist Careers
Essential Skills & Requirement
- The ideal candidate will have experience of line managing, supporting and developing nurses, Specialist Carers and student nurses in a similar role with palliative care experience.
- The ideal candidate will be well versed in assessment, development, implementation, delivering and evaluation programs of care across a range of environments.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of current legislation relating to children and young people including best practice in safeguarding children, and excellent understanding of children’s palliative care and recent initiatives in children’s health and social care.
Qualifications / Training:
- RN Child / RSCN
- Mentor qualification or willingness to work towards.
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree or diploma or other professional training.
- Significant post registration experience with demonstrated experience of delivering care to children and families in a health care setting.
- Experience of assessment, development, implementation, delivering and evaluation programs of care across a range of environments
- Evidence of working within a professional multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of managing a small group of staff and resources on a day-to-day basis, including practice supervision, mentoring and appraisal
- Experience of working in a palliative care service.
- Experience of working with learning and physically disabled children and young people/mental health needs.
- Experience of providing community care services.
- Experience of working with volunteers either personally or professionally.
· Holidays - starting at 25 days per year rising to 30 days per year with length of service
· Flexible holiday (buy and sell) scheme
· Life Assurance
· NHS Pension scheme
· Season ticket loan
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.