Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£11.20 to £12.80 Per Hour
Outreach Youth Development Worker Location: Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Thurrock
Rate of pay: £11.20ph - £12.80 ph.
Hours of work: 6 - 12 hours per week negotiable (including evenings and occasional weekends and residentials)
They are looking for an Outreach Youth Development Worker to join their team and to contributing to the vision and values of the company as a community focused organisation.
- To support the actively engage in the detached and outreach programme.
- Support young people in their schools and on their estates that are on the edge of school exclusion, mental health issues or Serious Youth Violence through after school 1-2-1s, positive activities and holiday programs.
- Liaise and build rapport with Statutory, community and voluntary youth organisations in order to provide warm introductions to the young people we work with.
- Carry out community profiles and mapping of young people in their communities developing and co-designing programs that meet the needs of the youth in her communities.
- Work with the adapted COVID-19 detached and outreach plan.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum Level 3 youth work qualification or equivalent with level 2 in English
- Working with young people on estates streets and in community and outreach settings
- Working with challenging young people in a full-time paid capacity including: information, advice and guidance, 1-2-1 mentoring workshops
- Working with young people with boarder line or undiagnosed mental health issues.
- Managing safeguarding incidents
- Delivering positive activities/youth clubs. Specialist activities: Dance, Sports, Arts, Gym etc.
- Develop relationships within secondary schools with all staff
- Work well in a team and on own initiative
- Manage young people in a one-to-one and group setting
- Relate, empathise and support disaffected young people in order to encourage development
- Organise own workload, meet output targets and work under pressure and keep accurate on-going learner records and reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of office systems and operations
- Willingness and ability to be flexible
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity offering great benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension and Continuing Professional Development then please forward your CV as soon as possible.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.