Marketing & PR
Operations Manager – Brighton, East Sussex.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Our client, a brand agency partnering with their customers to create brands that allows organisations to realise their full potential. The company’s ambition is to be the go-to agency for ambitious businesses who are looking to evolve their products and services, reputation or culture through their brand, and have been fortunate enough to work with the some of the UK's biggest names to do exactly that. Having gone global with active projects in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa, they are now looking to hire an Operations Manager. This person will be an organised people manager who can take ownership of their processes, policies and project management to ensure that they are not only ready for the next exciting projects ahead, but maintaining a work-life balance.
The Operations Manager will not only be the first port-of-call during project Onboarding - handling contracts and invoicing - but take ownership of the resource scheduling and develop project management disciplines across the business. Alongside project work, the role will also work closely with the directorial team to support internal HR processes, data protection and security, and office management.
- Own the development, management, and implementation of our agency’s policies, procedures, and processes across the business
- Having recently invested in new contracts, the Ops Manager will take ownership of their management - ensuring due process is followed both in our relationships with our clients and freelancers.
- Particularly now that we’re all working remotely (with a view to return to our office in the future), you will be responsible for the oversight of security and data protection practices - managing our technology assets, insurances and access controls.
- On projects you will take ownership of briefings, scheduling, document management and approval procedures
- Internally, we’ll look to you to support the ongoing learning and development and career progression of our team through coordinating pay reviews, appraisals and team meetings.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- At least five years previous experience in an agency-side operations, project or production management role
- Experience working directly with enterprise brands or household names in either B2C or B2B contexts
- Ability to manage the end-to-end delivery of project workflow to reach a desirable outcome for clients and the agency alike
- Confidence and charisma when engaging with clients, with a knack for expectation management
- Familiarity with core business processes such as recruitment, document management, invoicing, and project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with Google for Work tools or Microsoft suite (Sheets/Excel, Docs/Word)
- Experience of, or familiarity with CRM and HR software
- Knowledge and understanding of data protection practices within agencies
- Curiosity, infectious enthusiasm and a love of having a plan
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.