£36,000 Per Annum
Thorpe Le Soken
Operations Manager – Essex
Salary: From £36,000 per year
Hours: Monday – Friday 8hr shifts
My client has spent his working life in the engine room of trade businesses and prides himself in providing excellent end to end customer experiences. They are now looking to appoint an experienced Operations manager to join their team to coordinate and oversee the organisations operations. The ideal candidate will be ambitious and dynamic with a strong technical background within the gas heating sector.
Your day to day will be formulating strategies from the ground up, improving performance, ensuring efficient booking of engineer’s diaries, procuring material and resources and securing compliance. You will mentor your team, finding ways to increase the quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
Throughout the business you will remain compliant, efficient and profitable. You will be driven an strive to get the best results, with excellent opportunities to develop yourself and grow within the business.
- You will be responsible for leading the Operations & Service-desk team and successfully managing and maintaining a highly motivated, engaged and performing team.
- Health and safety – Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Health and Safety for the department, ensuring compliance with current regulation/ legislation standards. (Gas Safety Regs) and delivery of tool box talks etc if required.
- Overseeing the effective use of resources and materials to ensure that all jobs are completed in a quality way, on time and within budget, taking ownership of the internal Installation’s programme.
- Must have a sound knowledge of heating technologies and a passion for continued learning as technologies evolve.
- Ensuring that performance management processes and reviews are carried out effectively for the overall team and direct reports: -
- Setting of objectives and supporting PDPs (Personal Development plans) in accordance with company goals/ vision
- Ensuring excellent levels of communication are maintained both within the team, and equally with our customer and clients whilst taking ownership of compliments and complaints
- Positively drive and champion company process changes to improve our delivery and existing service offering to our customers/ clients
- Proactively manage and grow our existing client relationships to ensure we are exceeding our customer expectations by adding additional value and service offerings to our customers
- Overseeing and taking ownership for the effective mobilisation of any new customers
- Active and effective participation and contribution in Management/ Client meetings and other monthly meetings including the provision of reports and analysis to highlight operations performance, risks and opportunities and any actions taken to improve any shortfalls.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all financial and performance KPI targets are monitored, tracked and achieved.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Good understanding of Health, Safety, compliance and quality standards
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Business 2 customer Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and man management skills
- Strong IT Skills
- Motivational and positively engaging with your team to deliver company best practise
- Good Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of previous Field Service Management systems
- We are very focused on personality and motivation and although it's ideal for you to have all of the above, we are flexible as long you have certain elements which at a minimum are gas boiler installation and management experience, a shed load of motivation and a great personality we won't rule anyone out!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.