Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£36,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
Southend on Sea
Location: Southend on Sea with travel to Saffron Walden
Salary: £36,000-£38,000 depending on experience
Our client is a private housing occupational therapy company, designing and adapting homes for the less able. They work with clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries and are involved in litigation claims against third parties. They also work on behalf of a local authority adaptations team, with clients of all ages who have chronic medical conditions – they are looking for an Occupational Therapist who will be able to travel to Southend On Sea.
The Occupational Therapist will be supporting the team, primarily with the local authority work, providing major and minor adaptations and specialist equipment for people’s homes to improve independence and safety. Knowledge of specialist equipment, adaptations and manual handling is required in order to recommend suitable solutions for clients.
- Your role will involve undertaking occupational therapist assessments.
- You will be asked to assess the housing needs of adults and children with disabilities. You will be asked to come up with suitable solutions to your clients’ challenging problems. In this role you will have the ability to improve people’s lives by recommending adaptations to overcome environmental barriers.
- This role will suit someone who has 2-3 years of occupational therapist experience specialising in housing and manual handling.
- You will be passionate about improving people’s lives and also wanting to develop yourself and your career.
- The individual will be working with adults and children to provide solutions to their housing needs.
- The clients may have physical, sensory and mental health issues and some may be wheelchair users.
- Your role will be to identify risks in the home and to identify solutions to mitigate these risks.
- 2- 3 years occupational therapist experience specialising in Housing and Manual Handling
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good assessment and problem-solving skills
- Good clinical reasoning
- Committed to continuous professional development
- Ability to prioritise own workload and to work with minimum supervision
- Bachelor of Science honours degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Registered with the Royal College of Occupational Therapy
- Current driving licence and access to transport (travel expenses will be paid per HMRC guidelines)
- Up to date first aid, manual handling and safeguarding training.
- Basic Salary: £36,000 - £38,000
- Annual Holiday
- Flexibility with hours and you will have the ability to work from home when appropriate.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.