Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (BAND 6)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Exciting opportunity for a proactive and committed Occupational Therapist to join a multi-disciplinary team with our client. We are looking for someone who is passionate and strives to make a difference to the lives of individuals affected by a disability. Their Therapy and Clinical teams work together to deliver a high standard of assessment and interventions to support residents and outpatient clients to develop their independence and daily living skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing and maintaining an agreed caseload of Residents and support their rehabilitation programmes and discharge back into Community settings.
- Undertaking appropriate assessments with residents and their families in order to make recommendations that suit their individual requirements
- Design and deliver creative, bespoke intervention programmes which are person centred and goal focused
- Establish and maintain effective and close professional relationships with external colleagues to ensure a co-ordinated and consistent approach to service delivery
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings and case conferences
- Provide regular verbal and written reports as and when required.
- To manage, maintain and train staff/clients in the safe use of, assistive technology and equipment
- To contribute to the development and review of local policies, standards and guidelines, when required
- To be responsible for the supervision, professional development and competency of Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Adhere to local safeguarding policy, following the Duty of Candour requirements
- A Degree in Occupational Therapy or the equivalent of
- HCPC Registration
- Experience working as an Occupational Therapist, ideally working with neurological rehabilitation patients
- Specialist Splinting expertise
- Broad range of post graduate clinical experience
- Experience of participating in and delivering in-service training programmes
- Experience of supervising staff
- Competitive rates of pay
- 4 weeks annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- Enhancement for overtime hours
- Health Care after probationary period.
- Cash-back scheme after probationary period
- Free life insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Shift flexibility
- Free on-site parking
- Comprehensive induction and training program
- Free 24/7 Employee counselling
- Subsidised staff meals
- 2 Week rolling shift pattern after induction period.
All posts are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks and all staff are required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003