Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Occupational Therapist (Autism)
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Salary: Very Competitive (DOE) + Excellent Benefits
Our client is a specialist school dedicated to young people aged 11-19 with autism. Their structured educational approach nurtures independence, confidence, and vital life skills for future success.
They are seeking a dedicated Occupational Therapist to join their team and play a crucial role in ensuring the well-being and development of students. You'll work collaboratively within the school community and uphold the highest professional standards.
- Deliver holistic therapy tailored to individual student needs
- Conduct baseline assessments and contribute to EHCP reviews.
- Create therapy timetables balancing academic and therapy requirements.
- Plan and deliver therapeutic interventions in line with EHCPs.
- Set targets, plan sessions, and maintain records.
- Collaborate with education staff to share targets and strategies.
- Provide written programs and strategies for staff and parents.
- Advise on environmental factors affecting curriculum access.
- Provide caseload data to the Deputy Head, Pastoral.
- Supervise occupational therapy student placements.
- Identify and report issues hindering service delivery.
- Liaise with families and relevant outside agencies.
- A minimum of 3 years of post-qualification experience (PQE).
- Specialised expertise working with individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Prior experience within an educational environment.
- Possession of a degree or diploma acknowledged by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
- Registration with the Royal College of Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registration.
- Completion of Sensory Integration Module 2/3 (or actively working toward it).
- Proficiency in autism spectrum interventions, compliance with clinical standards, active involvement in supervision and CPD, adept management of complex caseloads with clear boundaries, precise clinical record-keeping, and familiarity with essential procedures (safeguarding, SEN, data protection).
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students and contribute to their development. Apply today to join our client's dedicated team.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.