Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Occupational Hygienist Technician
Our client’s Healthcare Company is one of the UK’s leading providers of occupational health services. Established by a group of occupational health professionals, they have experienced strong, steady growth. Their clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services. Our client’s team brings together many of the UK’s finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines.
I am looking for an Occupational Hygienist Technician to work full time in London, reporting to the Occupational Hygienist.
- You will perform occupational hygiene monitoring and surveys of personnel and site activities, for a range of chemical, physical and biological agents (eg; dust, respirable crystalline silica, noise, welding fumes, gases, organic vapours, noise, vibration, thermal
- conditions, etc).
- Participate in specific occupational hygiene related investigations and studies, as required by the project and at the direction of the occupational hygiene lead.Carry out regular workplace inspections / tours to assess occupational hygiene related aspects and to reinforce workplace health themes with the workforce.
- Assist with preparation and delivery of training and information materials on occupational hygiene related topics to the project and contractor companies. Contribute to the regular update and circulation of occupational hygiene performance reports.
- Work in support of the COSHH coordinator and COSHH management function. Review and process requests for on-boarding, transfer and removal of chemicals. Produce regular reports of chemicals on-site eg; maximum quantities.
- Ensure chemical database is maintained with up to date information and support COSHH assessments.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- You will have a degree qualification in a STEM related subject area and preferably at least three years’ work experience of industrial and / or construction environments.
- You should be working towards the Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene (CertOH) of the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
- 25 Days Holiday
Key Skills: occupational health hygienist technician, STEM related degree,
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003