Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Our client’s Healthcare Company is one of the UK’s leading providers of occupational health services. Established by a group of occupational health professionals, they have experienced strong, steady growth. Their clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services. Our client’s team brings together many of the UK’s finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines.
I am recruiting for a Full-Time Occupational Hygienist to work for clients based in Central London to join their team . You'll Perform occupational hygiene assessments and monitoring of personnel and site activities, for a range of chemical and physical agents (e.g. dust, respirable crystalline silica, diesel engine exhaust emissions, welding fumes, noise, vibration, thermal conditions, manual handling, lighting),
- Prepare the associated reports and communicate the results to various work groups. You'll Participate in specific occupational hygiene-related investigations and studies, as required by the project and at the direction of the Head of Occupational Hygiene.
- Review and approve COSHH assessments submitted by contracting companies, manage these COSHH assessments using an appropriate information system, and carry out COSHH-related workplace inspections.
- Carry out regular workplace inspections/tours to assess occupational hygiene-related aspects and to reinforce workplace health themes with the workforce.
- Work with project teams to embed occupational hygiene-related aspects into project designs and construction implementation plans, as directed by the Head of Occupational Hygiene..
- Prepare and deliver toolbox talks and other presentations on occupational hygiene-related topics to project teams and contractor companies.
- Degree qualification in a stem related subject area.
- Industrial or Construction environments
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene (CertOH) of the British Occupational Hygiene Society
- 25 Days Holiday
Key Skills: occupational health hygienist, STEM related degree.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003