Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£23,000 Per Annum
Occupational Health Technician
Location: Govan, Glasgow
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Key Skills: Health Care Assistant, Ambulance service, EMT or a Military Medic, IT literate, professional
Our client’s Healthcare Company is one of the UK’s leading providers of occupational health services. Established by a group of occupational health professionals, they have experienced strong, steady growth. Their clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services. Our Client’s team brings together many of the UK’s finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines.
Our client are seeking an Occupational Health Technician to be based at Govan to work full time. As an Occupational Health Technician you will be an integral part of the team, providing a compassionate, professional clinical service that is instrumental in the quality of care our clients receive.
It would suit someone who comes from a background of being a Health Care Assistant, Ambulance service, EMT or a Military Medic. Our client specialises in Occupational Health and delivers Occupational Health Services across the UK, so they are an ideal place to start your OH career.
The role includes:
- Undertaking health screening procedures in accordance with company protocols. These screening procedures may include general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis.
- Carrying out Drug and Alcohol testing. To be fully competent with the full chain of custody procedures especially in respects of facility preparation, paperwork, handling of samples and the way that testing information is managed to that contract i.e. who the results need to go to.
- Carrying out fitness for work medicals.
- Health surveillance screening including audiometry and lung function testing.
- Health promotion activities.
- Ensuring all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the clinical staff for interpretation and further management of the patient
- Ensuring all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose. This can include ensuring that the equipment is regularly calibrated in lines with the Asset Management Policy. This can also include the regular monitoring and recording of equipment performance indicators e.g. vaccination fridge temperatures
- Providing support to the whole OH team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested e.g. filing / tidying etc
- Undertaking additional tasks as requested and which are within the range of their trained competencies such as health promotion activities, First Aid training etc.
- Being an active member of the OH team and promote a positive working environment.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive in their approach, be able to work independently, be IT literate, be a great communicator and be professional.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.