Education & Training
£40,000 Per Annum
Nursey Manager – Hove , East Sussex
Salary: circa £40K
A really exciting opportunity to join a UK leading nursery, the ethos of the nursey is sustainability and child-initiated learning. They believe children should have access to woodland gardens and nature in order to organically learn and grow.
You will have strong sustainable ethos, you will be a passionate and talented manager and willing to get your hands dirty (quite literally in the garden)! The role is a blend of HR, training, admin and most importantly being an excellent role model to both the children and staff.
- Spending quality time in the rooms, engaging with the team and children on a daily basis
- Ensure staff mental health and wellbeing is upheld
- Maintain strong relationships with parents and staff to consistently improve standards of care
- Plan and carry out relevant observations to support leaders in all aspects of their role
- Create action and development plans with Early Years Consultant and leaders in line with our natural, sustainable and child led ethos and values and keep up to date with our EYFS Audit
- Full management of budgets
- Create and implement training sessions
- Effectively address all concerns and complaints adhering to Ofsted regulations.
- Ensure organisational health through purposeful meetings, sensitive and informed engagement, fostering trust, and having professional and supportive relationships between yourself and all stakeholders
- Plan monthly Staff meetings delegating where necessary identifying gaps with Pod Leads and using them for staff CPD.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong and confident written and verbal English, confident conversing with all levels of professionals from Ofstead to parents
- Track record of providing high quality care and staff management
- NVQ Level 3- and 5-years proven management experience.
- Confident in and adherence to all aspects of the EYFS, Ofsted Requirements and other small business and employer responsibilities.
- Extensive experience in mentoring of staff, engaging meetings, observations, coaching and mentoring
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, able to work independently, towards targets and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly competent with Excel and Microsoft Suite
- HR and office management experience
- Must have a passion for sustainability
- Clear and ambitious vision to provide the highest quality care
- Strong awareness of and experience in safeguarding and child protection procedures and responsibilities.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.