Education & Training
Nursery Room Leader – Bristol
(Various locations - Downend, Bradley Stoke, Fishponds, Totterdown, Hengrove)
Our client is a Day Nursery and Pre-school which provides high-quality childcare for children aged three months to five years. They are looking to appoint Nursery Room Leaders in their nurseries in various locations around Bristol area (Downend, Bradley Stoke, Fishponds, Totterdown, Hengrove).
- To plan and lead the daily routine of a room, activities, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- To oversee the deployment of staff in the room and to be responsible for ensuring that all requirements are met.
- To support the care and education of the children in the room within a key person structure, promoting good practice and being a role model for other staff and children.
- To ensure that the safeguarding and welfare of the children is paramount in the room at all times.
- To be aware of and comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework.
- Achieving the desired outcomes within your rooms on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required by the Manager.
- Effective leadership of staff within the room, exemplifying good practice and being a role model for other staff.
- In the absence of the Deputy Manager the Team Leader would support the Nursery Manager in the supervision and deployment of all staff in the Nursery.
- Where required, act as key holder and have responsibilities for opening and closing the nursery.
- Assume responsibility for the daily operation of the nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager.
- Assist the Nursery Manager and nursery staff in providing a dynamic, active learning environment for the children on a day-to-day basis.
- Continuously supporting, monitoring and recommending improvements for quality in the area of work within the nursery.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Level 3 Childcare Diploma (or equivalent) (required)
- 3 years post qualification day nursery experience.
- Have an awareness of Ofsted and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Childcare discount.
- Career progression opportunities
- Free DBS check
- Fully funded training courses
- Annual Leave – 28 days inclusive of bank holidays
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.