Education & Training
£9 to £11 Per Hour
Nursery Practitioner - Haringey (North London)
Salary: £9 – 11 per hour DOE
Our established and privately owned nursery are looking for an experienced Level 3 Nursery practitioner who is passionate about children’s learning and development to join their fun and friendly team.
The Nursery Practitioner will report directly to the Heads of the Rooms and also the Managers. They will work alongside them to ensure new and existing children and their families are supported throughout their nursery life.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 07:30-18:00, 4 or 5 days per week -Many of their staff work 4 days/week so they can enjoy a 3 day weekend or mid-week day off.
The nursery uses a play based approach to children's learning and development in which you will undertake a 'Key Person' role requiring you to:
- assess the different stages of your key children's learning in line with the EYFS
- use an online journal system called Tapestry in which you will be trained on how to observe, support and extend children's learning daily
- use your observations to plan appropriately for children using their current interests as guidance
- work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members to ensure a smooth transition from home to nursery
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Creative abilities
- Level 2 or 3 Childcare qualification or above
- At least 2 or 3 years’ experience within an Early Years childcare setting
- Experience as a Key Person
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.