Education & Training
£21,000 Per Annum
Nursery Nurse/Senior Nursery Nurse – Radlett
Salary: up to £21,000 DOE
If you love working with children and you want to further your experience with the possibility of promotion and working your way up in a company, our established client nursery is where you should be!
You must be able to laugh at jokes you don’t understand or don’t find funny. -In this job you need to be adaptable – if a child requests you pretend to be the Gruffalo or a Princess, you must have the skills to morph from one to the other.
Hours: Working hours: 8am - 6pm on a shift pattern rota. All year round, 35 days holiday (28 days inclusive of bank holidays plus 7 days paid holiday for Christmas Closure)
- To work as part of the team ensuring the smooth day to day organisation and operation of the nursery
- To take an active role to develop and deliver a play based curriculum to meet the differing needs of children and enable their individual potential to be realised.
- To ensure that all records are regularly updated and maintained.
- To be a key worker for individual children and maintain accurate records on each child to satisfy the requirements of parents and other early years agencies.
- To liaise with other EYP’s to ensure children’s individual needs are met.
- To prepare healthy snacks and drinks and supervise snack time.
- To supervise children on outings and ensure that all safety recommendations are met.
- To build and maintain effective communication and positive relationships with staff, parents, and carer’s, families and relevant professionals, whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
- Encourage parental involvement in the nursery
- To be alert to issues of safeguarding child protection ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the nursery is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protection concerns to the Manager/Senior staff using safeguarding policies procedures and practice.
- To monitor supplies of children’s play materials/resources and to report any short falls to the Manager
- To participate in regular supervision and planning meetings with the Manager.
- To undertake any agreed and relevant training and attend regular team meetings. To maintain appropriate Health and Safety standards, reporting any defective or dangerous equipment to the Manager immediately.
- To work within the company’s policies and procedures.
- To work in accordance with the company’s Equality and Diversity policy.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Experience of working with Children aged 3mths - 5 years
- Level 3 or above in Childcare
- Experience with Keyworker systems, planning and observations
- It’s hard to bottle what makes us different, but it’s got a lot to do with the warm positive approach and natural passion that you’ll experience from our staff. It’s not something that’s easy to describe, but you’ll know it when you see it.
- Good knowledge of EYFS
- You will be an excellent communicator who has experience of working with young children
- Know how to interact with them and meet their needs
- Have a sound knowledge of safeguarding, and have an understanding of behaviour management
- The successful candidate will have Key Worker responsibilities so, experience would be desirable, including: Planning for children individually
- Keeping accurate developmental observations, records & reports
- Building and maintaining parent relationships & encouraging home learning
- The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.