Education & Training
Nursery Manager - York
Competitive Salary DOE
Our client is a charity providing quality childcare within the City of York. They have three children's day nurseries which provide full and part-time day care for children in the 6 weeks to 5 years age group. Each of their nurseries are Ofsted inspected, offer home-cooked food and have their own outdoor play areas.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Nursery Manager to join their team at one of their busy Nurseries.
This is a full time, all-year-round permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week on a shift rota basis. The nursery is open 7.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Nursery, overseeing all aspects of operations. The person appointed will be passionate and enthusiastic about working with children in all areas of their care, learning and development and be highly skilled and professional. You must have the ability to motivate the team and liaise with parents, Senior Managers, Ofsted and other professionals as necessary.
Responsibilities will be varied and far reaching, including:
- Achieving and maintaining the highest standards of care and education with regard to Froebelian philosophy and principles.
- Be fully committed to providing a stimulating, safe and caring nursery environment which enables each child to reach their full potential.
- Excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Ensuring that each child is fully equipped to move to the next stage of their care and education.
- Ensuring standards outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage are met and sustained with a continuous commitment to raising quality and improving inspection outcomes.
- Responsibility for a team of Childcare Practitioners and Assistants and to be proactive in team building, staff motivation and developing the staff to their maximum potential. To be a positive role model to the staff.
- Employee management and wellbeing.
- Leading and managing the staff team effectively.
- Supporting the management of staff recruitment and retention.
- Ensuring all policies are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Managing & monitoring occupancy levels effectively.
- Promoting and marketing the Nursery.
- Developing and maintaining excellent partnerships with parents.
- Providing a fully inclusive environment for children, staff and parents.
- Ensure compliance of Health, Safety and Welfare standards within the nursery in conjunction with the H & S Representative.
- Ensure high quality provision is delivered in all areas, such as catering, cleaning and general maintenance.
- Ensuring satisfactory standards of discipline and behaviour are maintained and deal with any problems accordingly.
- Ensuring that all legal and statutory requirements are met.
To be successful you must:
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about working with children
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering outstanding childcare
- Possess lots of energy and a positive 'can do' attitude
- Have previous experience in managing a team of nursery staff
- Have the ability to motivate the staff team
- Have excellent communication skills and the confidence to liaise with parents, business management team, trustees, Ofsted and other professionals, as necessary.
- You must be able to work using your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines and within Nursery expectations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Level 3 in Childcare. BA (Hons) or EYP an advantage but not essential
- Minimum 2 years post- qualification experience and previous supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge and experience of delivering OFSTED standards
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities and inclusion
Benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Recognition of length of service with additional holiday entitlement
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme
- Extensive ongoing training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Onsite parking
As our client is committed to Safeguarding children: post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.
If you possess the required skill set and have a real passion for working with children, please forward your CV as soon as possible.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.