Education & Training
£28,500 to £32,000 Per Annum
Nursery Manager - Fulham SW6 (London)
Salary: £28,500.00 - £32,000 per annum DOE
Our established nursery client who has a fantastic boutique nursery in Fulham which provides a vibrant and enriching environment is looking for an experienced and qualified Nursery Manager who is passionate about children’s learning and development to join their team.
They are a small nursery registered for 12 children where children are given opportunities to learn and develop whilst building their independence in a safe and caring environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to oversee a nursery where you will work closely with the Director to provide operational management of the nursery facilities and with staff, to ensure a high quality, balanced provision of leading practice education and care is delivered at all times. You will be leading the Pre School with other member of staff) and will be responsible for delivering high quality care and learning opportunities for children, based on their needs and interests.
The nursery is open Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- To oversee the operation of the day nursery to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment and the highest quality of care and teaching is delivered at all times.
- To ensure that children make good progress from their starting points and that the team are supported to have an aspirational vision for children’s progress, in accordance with Caring Hands Nursery Policies and Procedures
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
- Ensure that teaching is of highest quality to ensure children make good progress throughout the EYFS
- Ensure that children receive regular assessment, that every child has a progress check at 2, that progress of all children is tracked and analysed to ensure appropriate strategies for development are in place for all children and for those making less than good practice, this is identified and targeted support is in place
- Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage, local and national guidelines and Caring Hands visions and ethos
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and adhere to Safeguarding Procedures
- Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members
- To work with children, families and other services to ensure children are ready for the next stage in their learning and development
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special educational needs and inclusion
- Establish, develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies
- Set high expectations which inspire and motivate challenge every staff
- Recruit, induct, support, train and appraise all staff to ensure delivery of high-quality childcare and teaching practice
- Promote the nursery to new parents, maximising occupancy opportunities
Skills & Requirements:
- Ideally would hold Level 3 or above qualification in Childcare
- At least 2 Years proven management experience of working
- Excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good Leadership skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team with inspirational and innovative approach
- Able to work on own initiative
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- Able to perform under stress
- A good sense of humour
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.