Education & Training
Nursery Manager (Maternity Cover) - West Norwood, London
Salary: Competitive DOE
Our established nursery client is looking for an experienced and qualified Nursery Manager who is passionate about children’s learning and development to join their team on a temporary Maternity cover.
Hours: 40 hours per week (Maternity cover Contract)
The role involves providing professional leadership and management of the nursery team, effectively managing the day-to day running of the nursery and deliver the highest standards of care and education.
- Providing outstanding childcare
- Promoting health and safety at the nursery
- Team development- inspire, energise and support others
- Work alongside management to mentor, train and coach staff in a number of areas, including health and safety, risk assessment, observations, planning, leadership, sales and marketing.
- Ensure the smooth running of the nursery and completing administrative tasks on time and to a high standard
- Be responsible for regular supervisions, trainings and appraisals of the staff.
- Building partnerships with parents
- Planning, preparing and reviewing the curriculum with the team, and organising of staff rotas, reflective of the EYFS
- Developing and maintaining highest standards of childcare in accordance with EYFS
- Ensure all that the day share/parent feedback is done daily
- Ensure all policies are reviewed regularly, implemented and adhered to at all times
- Ensure all risk assessment are carried out daily
- Designated Safeguarding Lead to promote the health, safety and welfare of children and employees and families in line with child protection.
- Carry out any adhoc duties as needed like provide cover for nursery staff if they are absent at short notice
- Ensure all forms are completed daily and filed away in the correct folder in the office. eg nappies, sleep and accident report are signed by parents.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with parents and carers
- Work along with the management in the recruitment process and hiring of staff.
Skills & Requirements:
- Ideally would hold Level 3 or above qualification in Childcare
- At least 2 Years proven management experience of running at least a 60 place, min Ofsted Good rated nursery
- Excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good Leadership skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team with inspirational and innovative approach
- Able to work on own initiative
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- Able to perform under stress
- A good sense of humour
Excellent Benefits Package
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.