Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£20 Per Hour
Night Nurse -Longrock
£20 per hour
12hrs per night shift, part-time/ full time
My client operates many care facilities across the UK, supporting individuals with disabilities to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability.
They have an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses to join their team. Working within a single story home to care for 27 adults with physical disabilities, this is a challenging environment with an equally challenging med route! Applicants must be happy to be busy and work well under pressure.
- To be accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating person centred plans for customers, consulting with and involving the customer, as well as relevant others (e.g. family, support staff, health and social care professionals) where appropriate.
- To be responsible for managing a team of support staff including daily and formal supervision, as required.
- To provide and maintain a high quality, efficient service delivery which promotes customer independence by leading through example.
- To monitor teamwork areas and work practices to ensure safety and relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidance are followed and met.
- To contribute to the ongoing assessment of customers, including assessment of new customers, observing any change in their health and well-being and ensuring this is managed and recorded in an appropriate and timely way.
- To be responsible for nursing support, ensuring that customers nursing needs are recorded to a high professional standard and to record all information in accordance with internal procedures and NMC guidelines.
- To be responsible for the ordering, safe storage and administration of medicines.
- To support customers with their physical care, personal hygiene needs and daily life tasks and skills as required by their person-centred plan (PCP), ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- To be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC.
- Key skill set: Venepucuture, Male and Female Catheterisation, PEG feeding, Electronic Meds systems.
- To be able to demonstrate relevant post qualification learning would be advantageous.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the level of a qualified nurse, being able to demonstrate effective nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures.
- Understanding of the NMC code of conduct and relevant practice standards and guidance.
- To have a thorough understanding of assessing clinical and personal support needs and how to write and review comprehensive personalised support plans to include risk assessment.
- To have a first aid qualification would be advantageous.
- To have experience of providing direct personal and social support (to have prior experience of working with people who have physical and/or learning disabilities would be advantageous).
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and participate in the on-call rota as required.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.