Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£20 Per Hour
Night Nurse -Banbury
£20 per hour
24hrs per week, over 2 nights
My client operates many care facilities across the UK, supporting individuals with disabilities to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability.
They have an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses to join their team. You’ll be responsible and accountable for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support, while promoting independence and choice to their customers. Leading a team of support staff you will ensure the smooth and efficient management of the shift, prioritising, planning and delegating activities for the support team
- To be accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating person centred plans for customers, consulting with and involving the customer, as well as relevant others (e.g. family, support staff, health and social care professionals) where appropriate.
- To be responsible for managing a team of support staff including daily and formal supervision, as required.
- To provide and maintain a high quality, efficient service delivery which promotes customer independence by leading through example.
- To monitor teamwork areas and work practices to ensure safety and relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidance are followed and met.
- To contribute to the ongoing assessment of customers, including assessment of new customers, observing any change in their health and well-being and ensuring this is managed and recorded in an appropriate and timely way.
- To be responsible for nursing support, ensuring that customers nursing needs are recorded to a high professional standard and to record all information in accordance with internal procedures and NMC guidelines.
- To be responsible for the ordering, safe storage and administration of medicines.
- To support customers with their physical care, personal hygiene needs and daily life tasks and skills as required by their person-centred plan (PCP), ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- To be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC.
- Key skill set: Venepuncture, catheters male and female, PEG feeding, Diabetes care and Epilepsy care, electronic meds systems
- Must be able to lead a team of support staff, demonstratable experience would be advantageous
- To be able to demonstrate relevant post qualification learning would be advantageous.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the level of a qualified nurse (level 5), being able to demonstrate effective nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures.
- Understanding of the NMC code of conduct and relevant practice standards and guidance.
- To have a thorough understanding of assessing clinical and personal support needs and how to write and review comprehensive personalised support plans to include risk assessment.
- To have a first aid qualification would be advantageous.
- To have experience of providing direct personal and social support (to have prior experience of working with people who have physical and/or learning disabilities would be advantageous).
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and participate in the on-call rota as required.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.