Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
New Product Innovation Lead - Basingstoke
Salary: Excellent package commensurate with experience + benefits
Our client is a multi-award-winning manufacturer of some of the world’s most advanced prosthetic technology, bespoke seating solutions and orthotic devices. Their evidence-based approach and commitment to continuously challenge possibilities ensures our mobility solutions prioritise the wellbeing and long-term health of our users. Through science, technology, and maintaining a clear focus on people, we make mobility possible.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a New Product Innovation Lead to join their R&D division team in Basingstoke.
This is a key position within the R&D division, to develop and shape the capability of the newly formed Innovation/Mechanical Design Engineering team.
The role will introduce a culture of driving technical excellence, maximizing digital analysis to simulate performance, supporting an accurate interpretation into the 3D CAD geometry, against medical device requirements. You will coach and mentor the team, promote capability growth across a broad spectrum of mechanical bias disciplines. You will also work across project groups and functional areas to drive new products, part innovation, both in terms of specification development and validation techniques.
Collaborating with our PMO/stakeholders and other functional leaderships to ensure our product development programs are realistic and highly viable. You will assume the design authority for the Mechanical Engineering function and delivering desired outcomes will be your goal.
We expect the role to lead by fine example, being able to draw on a wealth of knowledge and inspire a team of mechanical engineers, where strong collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills will be fundamentally important.
Responsibilities of the New Product Innovation Lead:
- Provide functional leadership and technical direction to the mechanical engineering team to ensure compliance to prescribed company, functional processes, and design control procedures.
- Establish individual priorities for staff that align with business and commercial objectives, and any strategic system/process improvements defined.
- Coordinate efforts within your team to assure technical quality excellence, timely and on-budget completion of work, effective use of resources and responsiveness to project needs.
- Proven experience in managing design, develop and implementing innovatively designed medical devices using Solidworks or an alternative MCAD software package.
- Experience in originating new and developing existing procedures for class I/II medical devices or other safety critical environments. Comfortable in supporting internal and external audits with GMP, MDR and FDA standards.
- Manage/develop our business and engineering tools, including CAD, simulation software packages and PLM/PDM based workflow/applications. Identifying areas of improvement and experience in executing the implementation.
- Experienced in reviewing and approving device documentation, engineering drawings, analysis outputs, (CFD/FEA), material/part specifications and validation reports, to ensure the technical files are compliantly maintained.
- Able to manage and develop Sub-contract partnerships and service providers, specifically external design consultants or analysis suppliers, strategic manufacturing vendors and validation/verification test houses.
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements for medical devices in compliance with European, Canadian and US quality standards.
Skills & Experience
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a mechanical or biomedical engineering qualification and comprehensive experience in bringing electro-mechanical medical device products to market.
- Although not essential, experience in advanced prosthetics device development or other biomedical design applications and/or class II devices is highly desirable.
- You will have demonstrable experience in designing complex mechanisms using MCAD software (preferably Solidworks), manufactured to exacting standards.
- You will have an awareness of predictive analysis software, Ansys suite of tools including Mechanical (FEA)/Fluent (CFD) and able to optimise component design to provide evidence-based design criteria.
- The successful candidate will be solution orientated with the ability to deliver technical excellence and be comfortable operating in a fast-paced matrix organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded team of employees with the R&D division. Excellent package commensurate with experience, great working conditions, and additional benefits.
- The chance to work for a growing organisation
- Professional self-development / progression
- The opportunity to work with a team of highly regarded professionals
If you are a suitably experienced New Product Innovation Lead with good organisational ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills, we offer a competitive salary + benefits and would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.