£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Derby
Salary: £30k - £35k
Permanent, full time: 06.00am - 14.30 Monday - Thursday and 06.30am - 13.30 Friday
Our Client is an established steel construction specialist. The company has grown to become a recognised name within the steel industry.
Overall responsibility for running the maintenance department, coordinating and carrying out all maintenance and service-related duties to ensure the smooth operation of a Steel Structure Production Factory. The post-holder will be self-sufficient to work in this stand-a-lone role, providing a responsive engineering service to the operations team to ensure high levels of machine availability, efficiency, reliability, safety and quality standards are achieved and improved upon. Reporting to and working closely with the Production Manager, the key aspects of the role will be to carry out the planned preventative maintenance programme and to fault find when breakdowns to plant and machinery occur, always working within the current Health - Safety legislative guidelines.
• To have overall responsibility for efficiently running a stand-a-lone department coordinating and carrying out all maintenance and service-related duties associated with ensuring the smooth operation of a Steel Structure Production factory.
• Drive and manage the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programme for all the plant and machinery on site. Current plant includes Peddinghaus FDB 1500 Plate Drilling - Plasma Cutting Machine, PCD Drilling - Grinding Machine and XDM Saw drills, and Shot-blaster.
• Be proficient at maintaining a variety of production machinery, including motors, pneumatics, hydraulics, drills, cutting and milling tools and plasmas, providing reactive day to day maintenance of the machinery and all emergency breakdowns.
• Program, repair and maintain Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems used within the factory.
• Oversee all Maintenance-related Health - Safety requirements to maintain established high standards.
• Provide out of hours and weekend emergency break-down cover when required.
• Manage the procurement process for new parts and spares.
• Provide regular updates throughout the day on progress of the agreed Maintenance Programme to the Production Manager.
• Attend Management/Supervisor meetings as required.
• Other general maintenance duties as required.
Essential Skills - Requirements:
• Experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrable experience of managing a Maintenance Department, ideally being conversant all aspects of mechanical breakdown, with PLCs and confident with MIG welding and fabricating.
• Apprenticeship trained/HNC qualified in an electrical or mechanical discipline, although both mechanical and electrical experience in a manufacturing environment is needed.
• Previous CNC experience of programming and fault finding - conversant with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• Knowledge and installation of hydraulics, pneumatics and oil management systems, and fault finding.
• Knowledge of compressor and air systems, and fume extraction units.
• Experience with Peddinghaus machinery such as Drilling, Cutting, Grinding and Saws would be advantageous.
• MHE certification and experience - Forklift truck (desirable)
• Certification in Grinding Wheels (desirable)
• Basic IT skills: Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
• Provide a high degree of flexibility due to the unpredictability of machine breakdowns.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to read Engineering drawings.
• Ability to support the training of others on the operation and basic calibration - repair of machinery.
• Understanding of Quality standards and working to strict Health - Safety regulations for steel fabrication.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.