Motor Vehicle Technician / Mechanic -Yeovil
Salary: Commensurate with experience + benefits
Our client is a successful chain of dealerships with showrooms throughout Somerset and six franchises, the company continues to grow and grow, with a new flagship Kia & Nissan showrooms that have opened over the last couple of years. They have specialists in Sales, manufacturer-trained staff in Aftersales and a whole team of people who work behind the scenes supporting and assisting.
They are now on the lookout for suitability qualified and experienced Motor Vehicle Technician / Mechanic to join their team in Yeovil
Our client are looking to recruit a Vehicle Technician who has the experience and desire to progress within our client's business. If you want to maximise your potential in a family-owned business environment where openness, friendliness, integrity, and flexibility are paramount and where communication, rewards and personal development are taken seriously, we would love to hear from you!
- To carry out routine maintenance and servicing checks and repairs in line with the requirements of the manufacturer.
- To run fault diagnostics on engine, transmission, brakes, air conditioning, security features, fuel systems etc.
- Carry out repair / service operations to engine units, drive trains, suspension components, brakes, air conditioning systems, electrical, emissions systems and all interior trim components etc.
- Carry out electronic vehicle health checks.
- Direct communication with customers to identify / understand concerns with vehicle running performance and to advise about technical issues.
- Road test vehicles on completion of repair / service work, also accompanying customers for demonstration of vehicle concerns or faults.
- Manufacturer training will be provided via e-learning in addition to on and off-site learning at manufacturer training centres.
Skills & Attributes:
- NVQ Level 3 qualified or equivalent.
- Ideally you will have franchise experience; however, manufacturer training will be on-going.
- Be able to comply with all company and manufacturer’s disciplines and procedures.
- Technical knowledge of all makes and models would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of motor vehicle technology.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Methodical and organised.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to follow instructions and to work alone without supervision.
- Suitable fitness level.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Approachable, open door management policy.
- On the job training and progression.
- Manufacturer training.
- Monthly bonus scheme.
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Company Pension.
- State of the art new eco-friendly Kia and Nissan dealership.
- Probably the best workshop facility in the area.
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Motor Vehicle Technician / Mechanic and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.