£30,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Met Strip/ Fitter - Andover
Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 5:30 pm
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 (Depending on the experience)
Our Andover-based client is looking for aMET Strip/Fitter to join their team. They offer a very competitive salary plus 20 days holiday, Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training, Uniform Provided, Pension, and other lifestyle benefits.
Talented and efficient MET Technician wanted to join the team in their busy body shop in Andover. You will be dismantling and reassembling accident-damaged vehicles in line with manufacturers’ specifications and to the high standards expected by their customers.
MET Strip/Fitter Responsibilities:
- Carrying out all necessary mechanical and body work on allocated jobs
- Dismantling vehicles ready for the panel shop
- Carrying out inspections, fault-finding, and diagnostic work
- Liasing with their parts team to order replacement parts
- Re-assembling the vehicle with new parts as required to pre-accident condition
You must be able to:
- Plan your workload effectively to ensure vehicles are ready to agreed timescales; working skilfully and safely under pressure;
- Carry out work in accordance with manufacturers specification;
- Work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative with minimal supervision;
- Continually work to high standards with customer satisfaction in mind.
- You will ensure that all tasks carried out follow their Health and Safety guidelines; for example, wearing all provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and keeping all work areas clean and tidy
- You will have ideally served a recognised apprenticeship as an MET Technician and gained a technical qualification (such as NVQ / VCQ / SVQ / ATA) although individuals who have trained on-the-job or via other routes will also be considered.
- You must have previous experience working as an MET Technician within a busy body shop and be a strong team player with a self-motivation to earn bonus hours.
- You will work to a high standard and demonstrate a sound up-to-date knowledge of vehicle repair
Benefits on offer.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- 20 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training
- Uniform provided
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.