Education & Training
£31,000 to £34,000 Per Annum
Mechanical Trainer/Assessor - Ulverston
Salary: £31,000 - £34,000 per annum dependant on qualifications and experience
Our client is an Ofsted ‘outstanding’ training organisation, based in Cumbria providing a wide range of high quality training and apprenticeships.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Trainer/Assessor to join our client’s Ulverston Training Centre to deliver, assess and where necessary offer support to learners engaged in Mechanical Engineering courses up to level 3. The position will involve travelling round to local companies where apprentices are working to assess their work and assist with their qualifications.
You do not need to hold a formal teaching qualification to apply for this role as this will be provided.
- To deliver and assess Mechanical Engineering courses up to and including level three.
- To develop and maintain the current Mechanical Engineering course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses.
- Assume responsibility for meeting his/her course and learner performance goals.
- Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/group basis.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Training Manager.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Have a minimum of 3 years Mechanical experience in industry.
- Hold a level three qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills (intermediate level of MS office applications).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Shows leadership when appropriate, but is also a good team player.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.