Mechanical Designer - Cambridge, UK Wide
Salary: £Competitive + Bonus & Benefits
Our client is a successful technology consultancy with a history of providing efficient & complex engineering solutions to an International client base. They continuously innovate to push the boundaries of engineering, technology and industry that provides unique solutions for their customers by solving today’s hardest engineering problems in sensing, data collection & communications. Their customers span a wide range of markets including healthcare, internet of things, defence, security and automotive.
- Mechanical Designer will Liaison with other disciplines and working in project teams, provide input into project proposals, create design schemes and concepts.
- Responsible for creative and innovative designs using the PTC Creo 3D CAD tool.
- Hands-on development, including building prototypes and pre-certification testing of elements such as ingress protection sealing and/or mechanical integrity.
- Produce drawings and BoMs and provide input into manufacturing data packs. Engineering drawings to BS8888. Geometric tolerancing. Tolerance analyses.
- Be the technical lead at design reviews, provide technical support in client facing meetings.
- Taking a project from concept through to manufacturer hand-over, provide client support and deal with suppliers both locally and across the globe.
- Production of technical reports and presentations as well as providing concepts and contributing to proposals
Essential Skills & Requirements:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate understanding and experience of the following:
- 3D CAD packages, preferably Creo including document and revision control
- Materials selection. Manufacturing and finishing processes.
- Use of sealing techniques to provide ingress protection against liquids and solids.
- Understanding of principles of EMC protection and rf isolation.
- Knowledge of thermal control using both passive and active methods.
- Corrosion prevention/protection strategies.
- Practical working knowledge of mechanical strength, stress and strain, and torque forces.
- Understanding of good design for assembly and both low and high-volume manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of diverse manufacturing process including injection-moulding, sand and die-casting, sheet metal fabrication, precision machining, 3d Printing in multiple materials as well as practiced use of appropriate rapid prototyping techniques.
- Preferred Degree in Mechanical Design / Engineering, or a related discipline. Candidates with HNC/D will be considered, depending on experience.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.