Mechanical Design Engineer – Dublin
Salary: Depending on experience
Our Client is established in the development, design and precision engineering of custom automated equipment for many of the world’s leading Medical Device and Life Science companies.
Responsible for designing bespoke automation equipment for use within the medical device sector.
- Working with our senior design team to bring innovative concepts to life through CAD modelling, prototyping and detailed specification for manufacture.
- Use Solidworks to develop complex multi-part CAD assemblies and output detailed specification drawings for our in-house tooling department.
- Accompanying the senior team with client presentations, project reviews and helping to maintain our high standard of customer service.
- Managing projects from initial concept, detailed design, assembly, testing, through to installing at the customer site.
- Manage, plan and execute projects on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure machines meet CE marking standards.
- Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet requirements.
- Procurement of material and components, ability to work closely and communicate clearly with suppliers.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- The person should be qualified to an appropriate level of engineering.
- Experience in a similar role and have a demonstrated track record in design.
- Experience of Solidworks is essential.
- Experience of precision toolmaking is beneficial.
- Project management experience: scheduling, planning and resource management.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team, while taking responsibility for individual tasks.
- Excellent computer skills and competent using MS office.
- Understanding of GAMP 5 documentation standards is beneficial.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.