Marketing & PR
£35,000 Per Annum
Salary: £35,000 + Benefits
Our client is a registered charity and co-educational, independent boarding and day school for pupils aged 11-18 years located in the stunning Kent countryside.
The Marketing Manager will actively contribute to the strategic direction of the whole School and have operational responsibility for and oversight of all aspects of marketing development for the School, including public relations and communications. The marketing manager will ensure that all messages which emanate from the school have a unity of purpose, consistency of message and brand as well sharply focused on pupil recruitment. Innovation and lateral thinking will be actively encouraged.
- To work within an agreed budget to develop, plan and create an overall schedule for delivering the key external facing disciplines in marketing.
- To co-ordinate internally ensuing the implementation of the whole School marketing strategy.
- To direct the external facing events, activities and reputational initiatives across the School.
- To co-ordinate with the Headmaster and agree priorities and requirements in relation to representing the School to key external audiences.
- Act as a spokesperson and representative of the School - specifically in the areas of marketing and when necessary, in admissions.
- Develop UK and International pupil recruitment strategies.
- To help fulfil key marketing and admissions targets
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy.
- To raise the profile of the School for all past, present and future stakeholders.
- The overall coordination of all major external events including Open Mornings and Speech Day.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be a diplomatic individual who is a superb communicator. They will be an inspiring manager with experience of shaping and implementing impactful initiatives. Will have a proven track record of success in marketing, communications, or public relations. It would be advantageous to have had periods of working in an educational setting.
The successful candidate will have the ability to apply best marketing and communication practice to the environment. Of particular importance will be tailoring the message to target audiences within a highly competitive marketplace for both national and international pupils and parents.
Candidates must be degree educated with a recognised qualification in marketing.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.