Marketing & Business Development Manager
Location: Walsall and Sutton Coldfield
Our client is a full-service law firm with offices in Walsall and Sutton Coldfield with over 30 lawyers and in excess of 90 members of staff. The locations allow them to serve an extensive cross-section of clients throughout the UK
Assist the Firm in its overall growth and development by looking for opportunities to increase its presence and client base within the local vicinity and wider area.
You will become the face of the business establishing and maintaining relationships with contacts and clients. Generate and follow up on any leads of potential work and play a vital role in ensuring the firms brand is optimised.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Identify new business opportunities to support business growth and seek out appropriate contacts.
- Generate leads by hosting initial meetings with prospective clients and contacts and ensure any potential leads are followed up
- Have day to day responsibility for ensuring the co-ordination of all Marketing and Business development projects and provide a central point of contact for all stakeholders.
- Produce any Marketing materials or communications required, including, news alerts, press releases, client materials such as brochures and any campaign / project documents
- Co-ordinate and ensure the attendance at key networking, marketing and business development events and opportunities
- Generate and present ideas on events that can be hosted by the Firm to boost brand and growth including costings and resources needed
- Lead the execution of any agreed events and provide analysed return on investment data upon conclusion.
- Pro-actively contribute to and support the development of the Firms overall brand using all available media outlets
- Pro-actively support and coach the Executive staff in developing their professional profiles and online presence including the Firms Corporate website, LinkedIn and any other appropriate media outlet.
- Support communication and relationships between departments to increase any cross-selling opportunities.
- Keep everyone up to date about any major active marketing / BD campaigns and initiatives to ensure all staff can assist in the communication of this.
- Assist Executive Staff in identifying any BD opportunities and provide support to the Executive staff when they are undertaking any BD client meetings
- Carry out research, collecting both quantitative and qualitative data which can then be interpreted to identify trends and potential marketing initiatives which would increase current client base.
- ·Prepare and present innovative marketing and BD ideas and opportunities to stakeholders and give support during the implementation
- Build and maintain internal relationships within the Firm to ensure that there is a cohesive approach to marketing and BD.
- In collaboration with relevant stakeholders and teams look at ways to optimise and develop the Firms brand.
- Assist in the planning and execution of tendering for contracts including coaching on best practice for pitches and follow up talks
- Co-ordinate with third party contractors.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have 4 years’ experience within a marketing and new business sales role from a professional services environment with experience of generating leads
across multiple service offerings within a legal services environment. Degree educated with a marketing qualification would be preferred.
Candidates must be logical in their approach to project plans and able to thrive in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.