Oil, Gas & Alternative Energy
£23,000 Per Annum
Market Researcher / Analyst– Lowestoft, Suffolk
Salary: Stating from £23,000, depending on experience.
My client who is a leading independent marine consultancy providing risk analysis to the marine, energy and subsea sectors are looking to add to their team 2 motivated Market Researchers Analysts. They are looking for candidates who can demonstrate a clear understanding of global offshore renewable energy policies, project economics and commercial aspects of the offshore sector, with a strong knowledge of the supply chain and industry developments. Anyone from a technical background and are interested in taking on a reporting and analytical role are welcomed. Alternatively, you may have journalism or media training and a strong interest in renewable energy. This role is a Full-time based in Lowestoft, UK with some travel to client offices and trade events.
The role is to take responsibility for a key topic area within one of the company’s market-leading subscriptions, providing their global customer base with detailed project updates, news, forecasts and market reports. You will also support their Market Consulting Team with key insights, research and analysis.
- Monitoring of project pipelines, emerging technologies and contractors in the global offshore wind or and subsea power cable markets. You will be given focus areas which could include geographic or technology focus (e.g. floating wind)
- Maintenance of company’s information systems with accurate and engaging content
- Taking responsibility for ensuring proper quality control and completeness of the company’s information systems.
- Monitor and report on the market context (regulatory issues, wider energy context, cost dynamics), market players (incumbents, new entrants, industry structure, corporate strategy etc) and technologies (including challenges) relating to your topic areas of responsibility.
- Researching and writing unique news articles.
- Engage with industry by developing a personal network of relationships across the supply chain. Be proactive with telephone and webinar engagement to pursue the latest information.
- Networking and presenting at industry events, and to clients
- Engaging with customers to ensure all support requests are dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Assisting with consulting projects by undertaking data research, some numerical analysis and report writing.
- Taking responsibility for service and product development be agreeing road maps and plans with Director of Research and implementing
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes responsibility for the completeness and quality of their work.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Comfortable with cold-calling in order to gather insights.
- An undergraduate degree in a technical, numeric or business related discipline. A postgraduate qualification will be well regarded.
- Alternatively you may come from a media or journalism background and have a strong interest in renewable energy.
- Any experience of the following will be well regarded: Additional language skills, strong numerical skills, statistical knowledge, knowledge of MS Access/SQL, knowledge of Geographical Information Systems.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.