Managing Director - Letchworth, Hertfordshire
Salary + Benefits Competitive
My client is a highly respected Hertfordshire house builder, with 80 years of industry experience providing quality new homes and commercial properties in and around Hertfordshire, London, and the home counties
My client is seeking a Managing director to control and oversea all business operations, people, and ventures. The ideal candidate will the most senior manager under the Chairman within the organisation.
The candidate must be a strategist and a leader, able to steer the company towards the most profitable direction whilst also implementing its vision, mission, and long-term goals.
Role Key Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing the company’s business strategies.
- Providing advice to the board and Chairperson.
- Preparing and implementing comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement.
- Understanding and considerable experience of land acquisition and disposal, including the whole legal process.
- Responsible for leading land buying process, planning and technical teams including liaising with and instructing estate agents.
- Preparation of company cash flow
- Implementation of company health and safety strategy.
- Ensuring profit forecasts are met.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Team player with excellent people management skills.
- Good experience in housebuilding and commercial development.
- Good comprehensive knowledge of the planning process.
- Solid knowledge of construction
- Experience of negotiating finance with the banks.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.