Legal Secretary (Private Client Department) – East Devon
Salary: Depending on Experience
Full-time and part-time applications accepted
The Job Role:
Our client is an independent law firm with recognised expertise in specialist market sectors. They have an extensive high-profile client base, and cover a broad range of industry sectors within the UK and internationally.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a secretary to join their Private Client Department. The role requires an organised individual with excellent audio typing skills. You will be confident managing a busy workload and must be able to use your own initiative and work well under pressure. The role also includes the need to support members of the Private Client Department on a remote basis by means of Winscribe digital dictation together with assisting with reception cover at lunchtime and in the event of absence. Previous legal secretarial experience is essential
What we are looking for/ skills, experience and qualifications
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial and typing skills with good attention to detail
- Demonstrate previous experience in the use of digital dictation and case management software
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting with typing for all members of the department by means of digital dictation on a remote basis when required
- Manage fee earners’ electronic diaries
- Demonstrate good organisational skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Previous Private Client experience is preferable
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of the Private Client Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly atmosphere offering a competitive salary.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.